9.05.2011

Down by the Salley Gardens*

I went...
 to Ireland
 to Sligo,
and stayed at the Clarion Hotel, a former mental hospital which is haunted, according to some (including the cab driver who drove us from the train station to the hotel). I didn't have time to check if it was haunted and whenever I'd go to the room, I'd be so tired that all I remember is falling asleep.
After staying a few hours in Dublin and a 3 hr train trip, I had to be ready for the conference as my presentation was the following day at 8.30 am, and I am not a morning person...
I ended up enjoying the conference and, of course, entered the conference mode (I thought I could only do it in the US) - thank gods for Spanish-English speaking-Pearl Jam's fans- researchers...
From the Irish music to the Irish food, Ireland treated me well.

*poem by William Butler Yeats, who lived in Sligo; the Salley Gardens are supposed to be located near Sligo