5.19.2011

Come on M&C, it's a good day to get your decision

At least it wouldn't be the only rejection of the day. And the funny thing is that it would have been the exact time window, which according to the time measures used by grown-ups is "too long" and it almost doesn't make sense that you bring the subject back now.
Life gave me tomatoes and I made tomato juice - simply speaking I just smashed the tomatoes against an ugly wall (of course this just makes sense in Portuguese- in English it would be more like: Never mind the Bollocks, Here's the Sex Pistols, although I'm clearly lacking a Sid Vicious since I dumped the one that could have been). Btw, instead of a Sid Vicious I thought it would be less painful to deal with someone that looked wiser (at first glimpse only, of course) and Gods, I was so fucking wrong. Learn from me: Never pick the shallow guy, the dark tortured soul is, at least, caring.
Now, M&C make my life a little brighter today and reject me too, then I can say that my presentation is messed up because I got a paper rejected and still can't deal with that, instead of showing up with mascara running through my face and saying I just got completely dumped by someone who didn't know who Kusturica was and values Ivy League because of its style and not the wisdom. Clearly I can't follow the second hypothesis, people would think I'm crazy, a guy like that would be dumped by me (I wouldn't even be friends with him, actually) and not the other way around. Come on, my ego needs treats, and I know I can actually be part of the Ivy if I don't have anyone holding me back. So, in the long run, I'll probably have to thank you.
p.s. M&C - treat my ego a little more and give me a reason to celebrate or just a better excuse to look messed up.